Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Coach Rebe :)

I like the sound of this! I got into nursing because of my interest in health promotion. As a future nurse practitioner I want to get my patients healthy enough that they don't need to see me aside from yearly checkups and the occasional cold. The BEST way to do this is through living healthfully through diet and exercise. A few months ago I got introduced to Beachbody by a friend. I have never worked out beyond high school sports. I rarely even had the desire or motivation to exercise because as long as I ate healthy I looked healthy. After Amanda was born I realized my body didn't feel fit. My back hurt ALL THE TIME and I felt sluggish. I could blame it on the sleep deprivation, but she is a good night time sleeper.

So I got MOTIVATED! I saw my friends great results with her Beachbody program, Insanity, and decided I could do anything for 60 days. After just 30 days my back barely hurt and I could see my abs. Quite the motivation! Seeing a workout that I could do at home, while she napped or when I could squeeze it in, avoiding the cost of a gym membership, the time it would take to go to a gym, and the discomfort I used to get feeling observed while working out in public. I LOVED Insanity. Shawn T. is a fantastic motivator and didn't annoy me with commentary. He talked to give tips and encouragement, and sweated along with me. I felt good in 30 days and FANTASTIC in 60. I knew that if I enjoyed this workout and saw results right away just imagine what someone heavier could do! Results are what motivate everyone to keep going!

My awesome experience supported my nursing philosophy that everyone has the capacity to live healthier and ENJOY IT. I knew being a Beachbody coach would help me get the word out that exercising does not have to be torture. And when you feel better about yourself it carries over into every other part of your life. REALLY. Better mood, more energy....I would start quoting research but I know not everyone gets excited by that type of thing. It really helped that Beachbody has a HUGE online support network through their website and innumerable Facebook groups.

If you are thinking about living a healthier life and want extra encouragement I'd love to be your coach. Be it examples of people like you who have succeeded in changing their lives through exercise, or maybe you like research articles :) I'd love to help you and be your coach!

This is the link to my Beachbody coach website
https://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/control/pagePreview?distSiteUrl=https://beachbodycoach.com/RebecaMK/